It might be tough to know where to begin when your yard has become overgrown and resembles a jungle. Proper and timely tree trimming and pruning might be more complicated than you believe. Joliet Tree Service Pros employs ISA-certified arborists who adhere to ANSI A300 Pruning Standards to provide the finest care possible. Our staff has some tree trimming and pruning tips for you. Also, remember that certain activities are better left to specialists than others.
Types of Pruning
According to the ANSI A300 Pruning Standards, there are three types of pruning initiatives:
- Fine Pruning is precisely what it sounds like meticulous pruning that is suggested for high-quality work. When fine pruning, the focus is on aesthetics, with structural improvement as a secondary issue.
- Maintenance: When structural improvement and tree health take precedence over cosmetic concerns, pruning is performed. When pruning cycles are longer than a year, maintenance pruning is typically performed.
- Safety Pruning is done proactively when prospective hazards may be averted via good pruning. Safety pruning is performed on trees in pretty excellent health once a year.
- Clearance of the Structure When trees aggressively interfere with buildings, parking structures, pathways, and roadways, they must be pruned. The most common causes of structural clearance are crown elevation and crown reduction.
Tree Trimming Safety
Specific huge tree pruning tasks may be highly hazardous if you need to know what you’re doing. Furthermore, try this as a DIY job only if you have heavy-duty gloves, a hard helmet, safety glasses, and excellent fastening mechanisms. It’s just too risky.
Proper Tree Trimming Timing and Technique
Paying attention to the seasons and pruning or trimming at appropriate times of year is prudent in the North Larkin Ave Joliet, IL region.
- Blossoming trees should be trimmed after they have bloomed in the spring.
- Summer-blooming trees should be pruned before blossoming.
- Pruning fruit trees in late winter ensures they get enough sunshine throughout the growing season and yield abundantly.
If you need to learn how to trim and prune your trees correctly, you might wind up hurting or dying them. Knowing where to cut, how much of the branch to remove, and when to do it can guarantee that the unit that comes back is robust and does not create more difficulties. It is also critical to avoid damaging the bark, since this promotes disease and decay; so, never use climbing spurs, and ensure that the bark at the edge of any incisions you make is still firmly linked to the tree.
Professional Pruning and Trimming
Professional pruners and tree trimmers complete the work correctly and on schedule. They understand how a tree lives and develops and what kinds of pruning and cutting it can withstand while remaining healthy. Do you need professional tree cutting and pruning? Look no further than Joliet Tree Service Pros if you live on North Larkin Ave. in Joliet, IL! Call us at (815) 476-3395 or send us an email. If you are not in the United States, you may use the ISA’s Online Arborist Search tool to discover or verify an Arborist.