What is the significance of tree trimming and pruning? Trees are yard decorations and homes for various birds, squirrels, and other wildlife. Trees represent growth and vitality, providing calm, comfort, shade, and shelter. When we care for trees, we preserve their beauty while safeguarding the wildlife that call them “home.” Trimming is a minor issue in the overall picture of tree maintenance, but it is much more important than you may believe.
Types of Tree Trimming & Pruning
Tree pruning is classified into four types:
- Fine Pruning: Removing minor limbs enhances the tree’s look.
- Heavy pruning is used to improve the tree’s branch structure.
- Hazard trimming is performed on trees that represent a safety risk. Branches with a diameter of two inches or more are often removed.
- Crown Reduction Trimming: The removal of large branches, which should only be done if there has been considerable storm damage, dieback, or if extensions are interfering with power lines. In these circumstances, just one-third of the tree’s crown should be removed.
Benefits of Trimming Trees
Here are six advantages of tree cutting and pruning:
- Pruning increases tree health by removing dead or dying branches. Because these branches are often hazardous, removing them decreases the chance of injury to your family and damage to your home. It also avoids further deterioration.
- Trimming enhances the tree’s overall beauty and structure, preventing the growth of wide or weak branches. It also prevents limbs from developing weak crotches or crossing and vying for space in the crown.
- Tree cutting promotes overall health by increasing sun exposure and air circulation inside the tree
- surrounding terrain. (In the winter, leafless deciduous trees suffer from a condition known as sun-scald.)
- Fruit tree trimming increases the size and quantity of the produce. Fruit trees should be cut in late winter to shape them and expose the tree’s core to sunlight. To compensate for root loss and start shaping the tree, newly planted trees should be trimmed.
- Trimming and pruning trees may also help to open up your land and enhance your view.
If you have more questions, please call Joliet Tree Service Pros; we will assist you!